`Interessengemeinschaft Astronomie an der Universität Konstanz'
There's also a German version
Activities of the Interest Group:
The Interest Group continues to stay open for new propositions of activities
from all areas of astronomy.
- Regular meetings (normally on Monday, 7 pm, room P602)
for information and experience exchange, presentation of work of the
members (e.g., self-made astrophotos), discussion of further activities
- Coordination of the University telescope operation:
- Public observing sessions, weather permitting (clear sky),
Monday evening after our meetings (or as it gets dark)
- Usage of the telescope for own observations, and hopefully also in
university education (Physics)
- It is possible to arrange dates for observing, or guided tours.
- Common observing sessions: at the university telescope, at a dark
place in nearby Dettingen, at the Kreuzlingen (Switzerland) public
observatory, and at the private observing places of members of the
- Public events: In semi-regular intervals (about twice a year) we hold
public lectures on astronomical and space/astronomy related items of
current interest, or on our activities.
- Public information:
- Bulletin board facing the main entrance of the University
- Elektronic bulletin board on the PC LAN of the Department of Physics
- Info stall in the university lounge, normally at the beginning of
Up to now, we undertook excursions to Munich (Planetarium,
"Deutsches Museum") and to the "Bregenzer Wald" (Austria), a nearby
mountain site (to the astronomically equipped "Hütte" of one of
our members). Three members went on common "Astro Vacations" to La Palma.
- Bülach observatory near Zurich (Switzerland)
- Visit a telescope manufacturer, e.g. "Astro-Kohler"
- Nördlinger Ries (with informational program on this
- Planetarium Stuttgart
- Planetarium Luzern (Switzerland)
- Collected orders of astronomical items
(books, slides, posters, software, CD-ROMs etc., especially from the USA),
Interessengemeinschaft Astronomie Homepage